Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Hello again! Thank you so much for reading all the blogs up to date. The deadline to reach our goal grows really near. The next two weeks will be decisive in whether I will be going to join the rest of the TrekAsia group on their expedition to Vietnam. But, am I worried? No. I may be disappointed if I am not joining, but my heart swells with pride at all the donations I have received from all of my friends---and I know I can say we accounted for SOMETHING---rather than sitting and watching the 6 o'clock news, stewing about how little has been done. I have received a tremendous influx of donations in the past week by a growing list of admirable people---and I want to bid them my respects (in chronological order): Harriett Perlis, Erin and David Krugh, Lee Josephson, Jean and Rich Josephson, Carmen King and Sara Weiner. Thank you so much for your kind words and support.
I am doing well---working a lot at West Elm, and I also led a huge presentation on South Asian arts (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc) at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It was a tremendous success---nearly 100 people came, and it was quite an adventure to navigate the corridors in the museum; but I was happy to turn the coldest part of the museum (strong A/C) into a toasty room, full of intellectual stimulation!
Please keep spreading the word, especially now that we are entering a critical time in this campaign....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home